So Keith's out there in Cali starting up the boat projects, or rather, getting severely overwhelmed with the boat projects. Good news is the boat came through the winter great! All that time we spent covering her up and taping up the areas we knew leaked was well spent. Keith also said the batteries did great....I was worried after investing so much in them last year but gotta love those solar panels. So I guess Keith has the electrical all pulled apart which has to be a project and a half. Sounds like our main projects this year will be replacing thru hulls, bottom paint, and the electrical end to end. I "think" we might still be able to get the furler and new sail to replace the genoa. It was pretty much a sure thing until about two weeks ago when our little dachshund managed to slip a disc and required back surgery equal to the cost of my sail. Big big bummer...but I gotta think all things happen for a reason. So we'll just wait to see what happens over the coming months. Good news is that Molly is feeling lots better, though not quite walking yet and we have loads of other projects we can do that aren't quite so expensive - like replacing hoses that are old and smelly. Yum.
I'm the wife of the captain, a mother of three boys and a PM in the corporate world. This blog is my view of life and activities related to our boat.