We spent last weekend working on the boat again and making very little progress, or so it felt. Seems that every project we worked on ended up needing parts from West Marine (a lovely 1 hour drive at minimum) or we ran into a snag that meant going backwards and having to rethink things. We ended up dinking through small things trying to make headway and then just doing some cleaning. Mason came along and helped out on things that needed more muscle, like hauling Keith up the mast to clear some line that had tangled and to check the fittings.
At this point our score is looking much like a recent Giants baseball game....not so good.
Finished Projects - 1
Unfinished Projects - 5
On the positive side, the sail maker came out finally and measured our boat. We are waiting to hear back from him on the final details. I also managed to track down the guy to polish our diesel fuel tanks and filter out the algae. He can get us in as soon as we are in the water. So now that we have all thru-hulls replaced we just need to finish up the related plumbing (sea cocks, hose, y valves, etc). Keith is heading up later in the week and I'm hopeful he can get wrap up the thru-hull project.
I'm the wife of the captain, a mother of three boys and a PM in the corporate world. This blog is my view of life and activities related to our boat.